Monday, May 10, 2010

Back to VT

Had plans to go riding in Vermont on Saturday, but it was pouring rain and thunderstorms all day. I don't mind riding in the rain, but when the purpose is to hit the twisties hard and enjoy the scenery, rain is an annoyance and ruiner of fun. I ended up going early Sunday morning instead. I met my friends Marc and Valerie who ride 2-up on a BMW K1200S which is a sport bike and built for the roads in Vermont and the track. I like riding with Marc because he is a better rider than I and it is a challenge to stick with him on the road. We met another guy named Jeff who rides a Ducati Monster 696 which is a "naked" sport bike. Jeff lasted about 10 miles and peeled off because his hands were getting too cold. It was cold on Sunday, but I didn't make the same mistake I made a few weeks ago, I wore my heated gear to stay warm. We took 119 out of Mass and through NH to get to VT then linked with VT 5 in Brattleboro before heading north on VT 100 to Rutland for lunch. Some great roads along rivers and rolling hills. We got to Rutland and everything was closed (Mother's Day), but we found a pub that served burgers and ate there before hitting the road back home. All in all it was about 400 miles over 10 hours. I got home in time to watch the Amazing Race.

No comments: