Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 1


Day 1
Originally uploaded by wallace_french
This is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip. I only wish I could have gotten more of the lake in it. The campsite for the first night was isolated from everyone else and it started out being extremely quiet. I was still on a high from riding all day and seeing the Baseball Hall of Fame earlier that I didn't get tired until about midnight. I started to fall asleep and that is when the ducks started in with the noise. It was an unbelievable and odd cranking noise. Someone told me the next day that it was ducks snoring. I called BS on that, but that is what the man said. So the ducks snored until about 5 a.m. and then the rooster started going at it. I really didn't sleep at all that night, but again I was just psyched to be underway and got going by 7 the next morning.

No comments: