Monday, April 5, 2010

Restart

It's time to get this sucker started again. I really blew it the last time I tried to keep this blog going, but decided to give it another go. I am at the final stages of planning and preparing for my big trip next month. You can see the route at: http://tiny.cc/btreq You'll need to zoom out a bit to see the whole picture.

I have planned the ride and I am planning to ride the plan. So far, the plan is to leave Boston on May 1st and ride to Orlando in a day, where I have to spend the week working the big GSA Expo (expo.gsa.gov). If you are a federal employee, you really need to see this Expo at least once in your career. It is quite an event. From there, I will head west on Friday, May 7th. I will spend a day in Little Rock. For some reason, I really want to see the Clinton Library so that is why I am stopping there. Then on to Albuquerque to visit friends. I will ride Route 66 through Oklahoma along the way to NM. Then on to Phoenix to spend a day or so with a friend. Then San Diego to see some family and friends. Then L.A. to visit another friend and see the J. Paul Getty museum and villa. Then the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco where I will spend a couple days visiting friends and riding the area a bit more. Then heading east through Nevada along "The Loneliest Road in America" aka U.S. Route 50. The next major stop is to see the Devils Tower National Monument in Hulett WY. Then to Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse in South Dakota. Then down to Kansas City to see friends. Then St. Louis to see friends. Then dip south to the Tail of the Dragon in NC. Then haul ass back to Boston from there to be back by May 22nd. All in all it should be about 9,000 miles.

No comments: