Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day 2


Day 2
Originally uploaded by wallace_french
I stayed at the Niagara Falls Campground and Lodging. It is the closest campsite to the Falls, but it was still a nearly 30 minute drive from the Falls. I got a tent plot. The grounds were mostly filled with huge campers and customized buses. I noticed a bus from Wisconsin, but didn't see anyone around to talk to. Generally, people stay at these campsites for a month or longer and then go out on day trips so the site looks full, but hardly anyone was around. The showers at this place were like a hotel bathroom. Very clean and private. It was a quiet night and I actually got some sleep despite the hard ground I was sleeping on. I had some time in the evening to begin reading the book I brought. I planned to finish it by the end of the trip, but only got about a third of the way through it. The book is Roadshow: A Concert Tour by Motorcycle by Neil Peart. I woke-up the next morning feeling well rested. It takes about 30 minutes to load all the gear on the bike. I started to fall into a routine on day 2. Get up, break down, load up, and get going.

No comments: