Monday, April 18, 2011

Nerves

Starting to feel the pressure of getting my act together for the IBR. It is now only two months away and I feel under prepared. I am always reading posts on the IBR forum and on the LD mailing list about rider preparations and people are doing much more than I am doing. It is kind of a mind game at this point, but I still feel under prepared. Many of the participants are retired and have a lot of time on their hands. I've done a little riding over the past few weeks, but not nearly enough. I blew out another tire somewhere in CT a few weeks ago right before a trip I was making to D.C. for work. I got a new tire before the trip. Made it down to D.C. without any problems. I stopped at a few national parks along the way and kind of pretended I was in a rally. I stopped, got my passport stamped, and then quickly left and on to the next. I got back in under seven hours and only one gas stop. The bike performed without any issues. I have the Minuteman Rally coming up next month. That will be the real test of the bike and gear in a real time rally mode. I don't think I am going to have time to do a three-day three thousand mile ride like I had hoped before the big dance. Ugh. I guess I just have to deal with it.

No comments: