Sunday, June 13, 2010

Italy 2010 Part 1

I am in Italy this week. Les and I purchased a timeshare in Tuscany back when we lived in Naples. The website for the timeshare is: http://www.borgodivagli.com/. Back in 2002, this place was a pile of rocks in the Tuscan hillside with a goat path leading to it. It is very remote. Les and I came here and saw the potential of what it would look like when it was complete so we purchased a week/year for the next 50 years. I have travelled throughout Italy and most of Europe and this is the most beautiful, serene, calm place I have ever seen. Unfortunately, we don't get here every year due to work and scheduling and a bunch of other excuses. We have given the week as gifts to friends and they have all had the opportunity to enjoy it as well. Last summer, I decided I would come here and booked the trip a long time ago. I decided to rent a bike while I am here this time. I rented a brand new 2010 BMW R1200GS (in the picture). I rented the bike in Rome and rode up here yesterday. It is a different experience riding a bike around the hills of Tuscany and Umbria. The plan for the week is to relax today, hit the roads around here tomorrow, ride up to Venice and Vicenza to visit friends on Tuesday, return to the Borgo on Thursday, spend the day riding around Rome on Friday, and fly back on Saturday. That's it.

No comments: